Under the direction of the Vice President of Innovation and Workforce Development, the Director of Allied Health coordinates allied health offerings through the Department of Allied Health. Assesses learner needs within the community, develops programs, arranges adequate facilities and teaching/learning resources, implements and directs programs, evaluates program outcomes. Maintains positive collaborative relationships with the Vice President and Allied Health faculty and with the following agencies: Kansas State Board of Nursing, Kansas Board of Regents, and Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College~To provide opportunities for high quality learning and will enhance community and personal development in a student centered environment.
- Organize, plan, direct and evaluate division programs, department functions and activities to comply with division goals and objective and with college philosophy and policies.
- Serve as a member of all nursing faculty committees.
- Conduct departmental and nursing faculty meetings.
- Facilitate communication between the Department of Nurse Education and clinical facilities.
- Coordinate clinical agreement between clinical agencies and the Department of Nurse Education.
- Prepare required reports for college administration, Kansas State Board of Nursing, NLNAC, and Kansas Board of Regents.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective relationships with regulatory agencies listed above.
- Establish effective communication and ongoing relationships with community agencies toward the realization of their continuing education needs.
- Coordinate activities of the Department of Nurse Education Advisory Board.
- Prepare and assist students in writing the NCLEX licensure exam.
- Work cooperatively with the nurse education faculty to plan, implement, evaluate, and revise the nursing program curriculum.
- Supervise theory and clinical components of all nurse education courses.
- Establishes and implements a yearly budget in consultation with the Vice President of Innovation and Workforce Development.
- Recruits and hires qualified faculty for continuing education and allied health programs and courses using established criteria.
- Evaluates allied health adjunct CNA/CMA as part of DHE annual requirements and or college evaluation process.
- Evaluates programs, presenters and facilities and implements college evaluation process for faculty.
- Encourage and facilitate faculty development through evaluation, counseling, and the encouragement to develop and implement new teaching strategies in theory and clinical.
- Coordinates Allied Health programs, Opt Out Associate degree program, Paraprofessional, Nursing program, Nursing Continuing Education programs.
- Direct and assist with student recruitment, retention and advisement.
- Plan for evaluation and follow-up of graduates of the Nurse Education Program.
- Develop personal and professional growth, attend workshops and develop management and communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Innovation and Workforce Development.
- This description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the Essential Functions and Responsibilities. The job description may not be inclusive of all duties and job responsibilities. Administration has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods at any time.
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399