Dean of Students
The Dean of Students is responsible for providing leadership and vision for student success, student development opportunities & administrative support for educational programs and services including: Residential Life, Student Union Auxiliary Operations, Internal Marketing, Policies & Procedures concerning College/Legal Affairs related to Students, Student Activities, Student Organizations & Student Leadership Opportunities, Parent Orientation and the research/development of a Transitional Education Prep Program. This position is also responsible for administering the TRIO/Student Support Services Grant.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ DCCC will provide opportunities for high quality learning and will enhance community and personal development in a student centered environment.
- Responsible for helping to establish a student culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their own personal and academic development and exercise leadership.
- Provide administration and direction to Residence Life, Student Union, Internal Marketing and TRIO/Student Support Services.
- Direct the planning and coordination of Residence Life requirements, Student Activities requirements, Student Organization requirements, and Student Leadership opportunities.
- Coordinate Parent Orientation and Parent information activities and programs.
- Direct the development and administration of all policies & procedures concerning Federal Compliance/College Policy/Legal Affairs related to Students.
- Direct the planning and coordination of all internal marketing for current students of the college.
- Responsible for the development of the student handbook, and other pertinent information material relating to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Preparation and maintenance of the annual budgets in areas of responsibility.
- Serve as communications link between administration and Student Services and TRIO staff.
- Provide TRIO project leadership and supervision.
- Make recommendations regarding Title IX Compliance requirements including campus-wide training and policy revisions and updates.
- Serves as an ambassador for the college with students, parents and professional colleagues.
- Approve expenditures and maintain budget control and responsibility for the appropriate use of TRIO funds in cooperation with the TRIO Director.
- Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Attendance at related meetings on and off campus.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in student services or closely related area.
- Administrative and Student Services experience in higher education.
- In-depth knowledge of procedures/policies/mandates/regulations in Residential Life, Student Union Operations, Internal Marketing, Legal Affairs related to Students, Student Activities, Student Organizations & Student Leadership and federal grants.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and understanding of community college operations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability which reflects strong planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting, and managing skills.
- Experience managing and projecting IHE auxiliary and operations budgets.
- Experience with student grievance procedures.
- Experience with student facilities budgeting, operations, planning, and facilities construction.
- Ability to work with diverse groups and be able to coordinate and effectively prioritize the needs of the various areas of responsibilities.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in the management of federal grants.
- Proficient in the use of technology.
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations including traditional, non-traditional and first generation students.
- Experience working with State, Federal and Private Organizations.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Application package consists of DCCC application, resume, cover letter/letter of interest, and unofficial copies of transcripts.
For more information, contact:
Office of Human Resources
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399