Sports Information Director
Under the supervision of the Athletic Director, the Sports Information Director is responsible for the development and the implementation of all sports information as it relates to the total college program. Activities will require some evening and weekend hours as well as overnight travel.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible, and learner-centered environment.
- Maintain effective communication within the college.
- Represent the College in a professional and ethical manner.
- Collect information from each player to provide biographical information for media outlets, media guides, and rosters.
- Promote all athletic programs to local/area media using guidelines established by the Athletic Department.
- Serve as the public relations agent for the Athletics Department in developing positive relations with media representatives from the electronic and print media.
- Put together information on the school to provide to recruits.
- Represent the college in community/public service and relations.
- Present reports at staff meetings on the activities of the SID.
- Respond to media requests for specific news articles or information.
- Responsible for the technical functions of the Web site including design, graphics and up-to-date technologies of the site.
- Update athletics page on the DCCC website, including team schedules, news releases, rosters, coaches’ bios and other information.
- Gather, compile and maintain statistical information, i.e. weekly and year-end statistics, individual/team records and awards.
- Will be responsible for Game Day Stats for Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Volleyball and Softball and will be responsible for obtaining statisticians.
- Preparing programs for any sport requesting them.
- Will be responsible for all aspects of the Media Guide, except for obtaining advertisements.
- Assist the department with all assigned duties and solicit items for the DCCC Booster Auction.
- Attend all Athletic Department meetings and other College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Previous experience in sports media.
- Ability to organize and prioritize and work effectively in a college environment, subject to frequently changing priorities
- Strong communication skills including both written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.Must be able to work with the entire community college and media outlets in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner
- General knowledge of academic and athletic programs, more specifically those offered by the college
- Ability to work in a team environment (work together to accomplish goals, promote college image, and provide excellent customer service
- Experience in Promotions and Marketing
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations including traditional and non-traditional students
- Must maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in Public Relations
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Please provide completed DCCC Job Application, cover letter and resume’.
For more information, contact:
Office of Human Resources
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399