Under the general direction of the Head Women’s Basketball Coach the Assistant will assist with the operation of the basketball program within the boundaries of the rules and regulations of the Jayhawk Conference, the National Junior College Athletic Association and Dodge City Community College.
To understand and commit to the Mission of the College~To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- Know and adhere to all NJCAA and Jayhawk Conference guidelines as they apply to basketball.
- Coordinator of recruiting.
- Monitor academic progress of the student-athletes and supervise study hall.
- Assist with scouting of opponents.
- Supervisor of the student team manager.
- Assist with the development of the competitive game schedule.
- Assist with pre-season testing and conditioning.
- Answer various mail and telephone requests as designated by the head coach.
- Assist with floor coaching.
- Fulfill the expected daily office hours.
- Drive to games, scrimmages, and practices.
- Assist with Summer League and Camps at Dodge City Community College.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach.