Under the supervision of the Director of Residence Life, the Assistant Director of Residence Life/Student Activities Coordinator shall be responsible for assisting the Director in all facets of Residence Hall management including assisting with the management of the five residential facilities and approximately 15 Resident Assistants. This position also oversees the coordination of student activities and Student Government Association.
Residence Life Responsibilities: The Assistant Director of Residence Life is responsible for assisting the Director in all facets of Residence Hall Management. This person is responsible for the management of 5 residential facilities with approximately 350 residents. A high degree of student interaction is expected. Evening and weekend work is required including on-call duty. This position reports directly to the Director of Residence Life. This is a full-time twelve month position. In addition:
Student Activities Responsibilities:
- Will live in on-campus apartment
- Assist in the administrative management and operation of the residence halls year round (including but not limited to student orientation, recruitment, and room assigning)
- Input and maintain electronic card key computer system and assignment records
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of resident assistants
- Act as a positive role model and aid in student adjustment to the collegiate residential community
- Provide an environment conducive to academic achievement
- Assist with policy enforcement and behavioral accountability of students and staff
- Develop and encourage educational, cultural and social programs with an emphasis on ethnic diversity
- Assist the Director in the development and implementation of Residence Hall Association (RHA)
- Serve on-call function in cooperation with other the Director and Res Life Supervisor
- Other related duties as assigned
The Coordinator of Student Activities is responsible for the presentation of campus activities that are designed to entertain, educate and shall contribute to the campus environment in a positive manner. Activities should vary based on the entire student population and purposefully meet the needs of all students. A wide variety of diverse activities are expected. The coordinator will also serve as the primary advisor to the Student Government Association (SGA) and is expected to assist in the continuous development of this group.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an educational, cultural, and social student activities program for both traditional and non-traditional students
- Responsible for contracting with campus entertainment and arranging for all aspects of entertainers stated needs (Including, but not limited to lodging, meals, transportation, payment arrangements, set-up and breakdown of all equipment and facilities).
- Support DCCC Athletics by attending college events and providing fan transportation when possible
- Assisting SGA in recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of all officers and committee members
- Provide leadership to various student club/organization advisors
- Assisting SGA in sponsoring student activities, including events such as dances, speakers, film festivals, spring fling week, blood drives or other activities
- Must attend all SGA and campus activities
- Responsible for direct budget supervision and management
- Other related duties as assigned
|Required qualifications: |
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations including traditional and non-traditional students.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with students in residence life, organized activities or related experience
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess computer skills and exceptional organizational skills
- Able to positively interact with a variety of students in different role settings
- Must be willing to work as a team member in a high traffic area
- Must possess or obtain a valid Kansas Driver’s License and be insurable
- Student activity programming experience or similar experience
- Previous residence life experience
- Full benefit package of: KPERS Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, 403-B Retirement Plan, Vacation and Sick leave, Health Insurance with dental, vision and prescription coverage.
- In addition to the DCCC benefit package, this position also receives an on-campus two bedroom apartment including cable, internet. Meals are provided when the dining service is in operation.
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399