Under the direct supervision of the Executive Vice President, the Executive Assistant shall be responsible for generating routine correspondence, type reports and forms, maintain calendar for the Executive Vice President, coordinate evaluation of personnel in the academic area, and coordinate, have a working knowledge of how to produce and maintain master instructional schedule on the College SIS.
Job Responsibilities -
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- Contracts: Understand how to calculate, issue, and submit personnel contracts for academic adjunct instructors, fall, spring, and summer, in addition to all full-time faculty supplemental, overload, and summer contracts for pay.
- Recording Secretary: Responsible for preparing agendas, generate and distribute minutes for the Curriculum Committee, Instructional Council and Calendar Committee meetings.
- Be able to assist with producing, and updating master instructional schedule on College SIS as needed.
- Be able to assist with adding additional classes throughout the semester, assigning appropriate numbers.
- Update and maintain the master catalog on the College SIS as needed.
- Update on-line Kansas State Board of Regents DC3 program inventory as needed.
- Maintain calendar for Executive Vice President.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Schedule meetings and make room arrangements.
- Prepare and route signature items to proper signees contracts, leave requests, requisitions)
- Maintain and update the Instructional Handbook in cooperation with the Executive Vice President and Dean of Instruction.
- Assist in the revision of the college catalog.
- Assist Executive Vice President with special projects and reports including strategic planning, program review, assessment and accreditation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree plus additional training in secretarial field and/or five plus years of experience in administrative duties.
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations including tradition and non-traditional students.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Microsoft Suite, FileMaker Pro, or like programs.
- Experience in taking and transcribing minutes for committee meetings.
- Excellent organizational, management, and communication skills.
- Ability to write minutes, letters, and other types of written documents.
- Must have valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Bachelor Degree with five years’ experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application package consists of a completed DCCC application, resume, cover letter, unofficial copies of transcripts (if applicable).
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399