Under the direct supervision of the Director of Facilities & Operations, the HVAC/Electrical Technician shall assist with the day to day facility maintenance and operations. Essential Functions/Responsibilities
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- Provide on-call emergency service to all campus mechanical systems on assigned weekends. Respond quickly and calmly to emergency situations that may have adverse effect on the comfort, health, or safety of facility occupants or the building.
- Need to have ability to troubleshoot, repair and or overhaul the electrical and mechanical portion of air conditioners, furnaces, boiler, chillers, air-handlers equipment, pneumatic controls, pumps, and high, medium and low temperature refrigeration equipment.
- Worked with 110- 480 volts and 3 Phase.
- Perform or assist in repairs and maintenance of all campus equipment when assigned
- Assist with construction projects as needed.
- Learn and understand all campus utility distributions systems including but not limited to gas, electrical and water.
- Assist with removal of snow and ice on sidewalks, drives, and parking lots.
- Assist in promoting the safety, health and comforts of students and employees.
- Responsible for conformance with the policies as established by the College’s Board of Trustees and the procedures that apply to this position.
- Prior HVAC/Electrical experience in a commercial setting.
- Knowledge of maintenance, preventative maintenance and cleaning procedures used in the upkeep and repairs of buildings and physical structures.
- Ability to operate maintenance tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate utility vehicles, tractors, 4-wheelers, and fork lift.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Licenses, certificates or skill training as electrician or refrigeration technician.
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399