Under the direct supervision of the VP of Operations, the Facilities Maintenance and Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day facility maintenance and operations.
Job Responsibilities -
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- Assume responsibility for the overall planning and scheduling of maintenance and repair of all buildings and facilities.
- Understanding of all campus mechanical, electrical, utility distribution systems and subsystem.
- Establishes appropriate maintenance, grounds keeping, security, and custodial requirements for each campus building.
- Makes purchase recommendations for necessary equipment and supplies for buildings and grounds.
- Supervises the receipt, storage and assignment of all maintenance and grounds materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Inspects all campus buildings, grounds, and installations on a regular basis to determine that high standards of workmanship, cleanliness, safety, and security are maintained.
- Conducts periodic inspections of all campus facilities to ensure fire safety standards are maintained.
- Organizes and implements a program of preventive maintenance and safety including adherence to the College’s policies and procedures, the Bloodborne Pathogen Control Plan, asbestos standards, and related regulations.
- Keeps abreast of the latest trends, developments, and products in the areas of maintenance, repair, and upkeep; encourages innovation and experimentation as appropriate.
- Provides for a continuing program of staff training and professional development.
- Schedules work routines for departmental personnel as needed.
- Coordinates vacation schedules for departmental personnel as needed.
- Ensures working condition of snow removal vehicles.
- Determines which repair jobs m ay be performed by College staff.
- Assists in the planning of new structures and addition to existing buildings.
- Monitors and approves time sheets of assigned maintenance and custodial staff.
- Evaluates the performance of custodial and maintenance staff according to College policy.
- Maintains high standards of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency in all maintenance projects.
- Ensure that all activities and facilities conform to government regulations and facility standards including but limited to building access issues.
- Estimates costs of repair projects in terms of labor, material, and overload; establishes and recommends priorities on such projects.
- Assigns and supervises maintenance crews for making minor repairs in electrical and plumbing projects, doing minor roof work, and maintain fences, parking lots, ceilings, etc.
- Develops system for dealing with emergency repair problems.
- Selects custodial supplies and equipment; maintains appropriate inventories.
- Establishes and supervises a program of floor maintenance.
- Inspects and maintains fire alarm and security systems on a regular basis.
- Schedules watering, spraying, fertilizing, pruning, mowing, etc. as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the designated administrative supervisors.
- Responsible for scheduling and maintaining of College motor pool.
| || |
Preferred Qualifications -
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in facilities maintenance and operations.
- Budget preparation and monitoring experience.
- Experience with construction contract administration.
- Past experience in employee supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work in team oriented environment.
- Must have Kansas driver’s license with clear driving record.
Supervisory Skills -
- Bachelor’s degree in management or related field.
- Prior facilities management.
- Knowledge of maintenance, preventative maintenance and cleaning procedures used in the upkeep and repairs of buildings and physical structures.
- Licenses, certificates or skill training as carpenter, electrician, plumber, or refrigeration technician a plus.
- Supervision of Maintenance, Custodial, and Grounds staff of 20.
- On call 24/7 to manage staff for campus need and emergencies.
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399