Physical Science Instructor
| Dodge City Community College, a progressive, student-centered, transformational college is seeking a full-time faculty member in the Math-Science Division. As a learner-focused, iPad campus, faculty are expected to demonstrate an environment where student’s construct their learning amid relevant and authentic exercises. |
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College~Commit to a student-centered, learner-centered instructional experience through the use of contemporary teaching and learning strategies, fostering creativity and encouraging critical thinking.
- Facilitate learning in the Physical Sciences, physics, chemistry, geology, astronomy, mathematics, ranging from developmental through second-year college level courses.
- Prepare syllabi and learning materials for classroom use.
- Incorporate the use of computers/calculators and other technologies in the teaching of Physical Sciences.
- Teach an instructional load which may consist of day, night, on/off campus, interactive television or weekend classes.
- Organize and maintain appropriate classroom records and management techniques.
- Develop curriculum to meet Kansas Board of Regents course guidelines.
- Promote competency based education; identify desired student results.
- Assist with articulation of courses to four year schools.
- Provide academic/technical/transfer advisement of students.
- Recruit student.
- Participate in departmental and institutional committees.
- Maintain appropriate office hours to assist students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Community College teaching experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Application package consists of DCCC application, resume, cover letter/letter of interest, and unofficial copies of transcripts.
For more information, contact:
Office of Human Resources
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399