Apply to Dodge City Community College!
Request an Airport Shuttle to Dodge City Community College!

DC3 News

DC3 News

DC3 News

DC3 Board of Trustees Member Retires

Mar 01, 2017

After several years of faithful service, DC3 Board of Trustees member, Don Webb, has retired. “At my age, I feel it’s time to rest the mind and body so I can enjoy many more years with whatever the winds of time bring before me,” Webb stated.

Webb began his involvement with DC3 more than 40 years ago, when he became a night student in the 1970’s. He went on to become a Machine Shop Instructor for SWKAVTS, which included working with DC3, and later became DC3’s Instructor of Manufacturing Technology, retiring in 1998. He went on to become a member of the DC3 Board of Trustees, serving until his recent retirement announcement in January 2017.

During his time at DC3, Mr. Webb trained welding, machine shop, Cad-Cam Machining, SPC, Quality Control, and many other related areas in manufacturing and maintenance. “I held training classes in all but three or four plants in Dodge City,” he stated. Mr. Webb was recognized for his work in 1996, receiving the Sunburst Award for outstanding service to DC3. He and his students were also responsible for building the bridge over Lake Charles as well as handrails embellished with the Conquistador logo and many benches across campus and around town.

A retirement reception was held on Tuesday, February 28th, 2017, from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM in the Don Woodburn Student Union at DC3. Attendees included college President Harold Nolte, fellow board members, former colleagues, family, and community members. Refreshments were served and Mr. Webb was presented with a plaque, from President Nolte, for his many years of service to the institution.

“Don has given so much of his life to the education of the youth and adults in our community,” stated Glenn Kerbs, DC3 attorney. “I appreciate that I have had the opportunity to know and work with Don for many years. How best to provide educational opportunities has been at the forefront of so many of our conversations. Thank you Don for caring and all of the good and important work you have done.”

Pictured: Dr. Morris Reeves, Board of Trustees Chairperson visits with Don Webb at his reception.