Apply to Dodge City Community College!
Request an Airport Shuttle to Dodge City Community College!
Financial Aid > Financial Aid Info for Students > Education Loans > Federal Direct Student Loans > How do I apply?

How do I apply for a Stafford Loan?

As with all federal student aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Most students use FAFSA on the Web to complete their application. Schools use the information from your FAFSA to determine how much student aid you will receive.

Entrance Counseling – Before you can receive a Direct Loan for the first time, you must complete Entrance Counseling at

Master Promissory Note—When you receive a Direct Loan for the first time, you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). The MPN is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan and any accrued interest and fees to the Department. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan. In most cases, one MPN can be used for loans that you receive over several years of study. If you previously signed an MPN to receive a FFEL Program loan, you will need to sign a new MPN for a Direct Loan. You may complete the MPN at

At Dodge City Community College you must notify us of the amount you wish to borrow by completing a Student Loan Data Form and returning it to the financial aid office.  The form can be found under the Financial Aid Forms & Documents tab on this website.